VA Home Loans
The Hines Team
The Hines Team [email protected]4801 Gaillardia Parkway, Suite 325
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73142
The VA Home Loan Program For Veterans
The Hines Team is proud to serve those who have served or those who are currently serving our country. Loan Officer Chris Hines is an Air Force veteran. He is honored to help veterans and active-duty service members achieve their homeownership dreams by securing VA home loan financing.
What makes a VA loan stand out from the rest?
The VA home loan program was started in 1944 as a part of the GI Bill of Rights following World War II. It was created to benefit veterans and those still serving in the military. As part of the GI Bill, the government created a special government-insured mortgage program to minimize down payments and lower closing costs, helping to make homeownership more accessible and affordable.
VA Home Loan Highlights
- Down payment not required in most cases
- No private mortgage insurance requirement
- Flexible credit score requirements
- Reduced out-of-pocket costs – Borrower’s closing costs are capped
- Seller can pay all loan-related closing costs
- VA funding fee may be waived for borrowers with service-related disabilities
- VA interest rates and annual percentage rates (APRs) typically lower than other loan programs*
More Buying Power
VA loan limits increased in 2020. Want to buy bigger? In a better location? Or with more upgrades? This could be your year to make your ultimate dream home come true!
Easy to Refinance
If you already have a VA home loan, we can make refinancing it simple and stress-free. With mortgage rates trending down, this could be a great time to explore your refinancing opportunities.
Ready to get Started?
For eligible veterans and their families, a VA home loan can be a truly great financing option. contact The Hines Team today! We can answer all your questions and guide you through each step of the process.
*Individual interest rates are dependent on the borrower’s personal situation, which are influenced by factors such as credit scores, down payment amount, and the value of the home.
VA Frequently Asked Questions
Eligible veterans and their spouses include the following:
- Active Duty Personnel of the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines
- Veterans of the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines
- Certain Reservists and National Guard Members
- Surviving spouses of veterans who died on active duty or died as a result of service connected disabilities
- Certain spouses of active duty personnel who are:
- Missing in action
- Captured in line of duty by hostile forces
- Forcibly detained by a foreign government or power
- What can I expect? The VA offers very user friendly home lending guidelines and allows VA mortgage lenders to utilize a manual underwrite when needed. One can expect to have to provide 2 years tax returns with W2's, 30 days most recent pay stubs and current bank statements.
- Where do I check my VA benefits? A VA approved home loan lender can usually access the benefits or one can contact the VA Eligibility Center at 1-877-827-3702 to request their Certificate of Eligibility.
- Can I use my VA Benefits more than once? YES!!!! This is one of the biggest misconceptions that still exist. Your VA Certificate of Eligibility dictates the available benefit.
- A regular VA Loan consists of financing up to 100%. There is no monthly mortgage insurance nor private mortgage insurance on VA Loans. You may need to put more down to qualify and be approved for your specific monthly payment.
- Only VA approved condo projects may qualify for VA financing. Contact our team to learn more.
The next steps in getting a VA Home Loan
- Contact our team right away! We’re an experienced and qualified VA Mortgage Lender and can assist with every step of the process.
- Check your VA Benefits Eligibility yourself or we can assist you with that too.
- Gather your necessary documentation like 2 years tax returns with W2's, 30 days most recent pay stubs and current bank statements.